Friday, February 26, 2010

I dream in emo.

I fell asleep after 4 a.m. and slept through the entire day. I needed it, I promise.
when I woke up. 
there was this unsettled, disturbed feeling in the pit of my stomach. unshakable.
sifting through the multiple dreams had that night. I found the source.
so, 
get this. 
I dreamt of that guy (who is undeserving of even a nickname and shall remain "that guy." *shrug.) 

[insert brief recap of said dream]

he comes over to visit with his friend who actually happens to be dating my best friend. we hang out. engage in unmentionables probably. but he doesn't speak. at all. he has to leave because some sort of unknown duty is calling. it seemed like WWII in my dream. I think he might've been fleeing Nazi-occupied Germany. [for serious, though]. and as we have the dramatic farewell. I tell him, "I love you." and he stares blankly at me. I say it again. and he walks away.

how tragic.

let me just say I don't love him. never did. we dated (note past tense). for six months. the first two were kinda great. the next 4, just being downright miserable. with flecks of awesome here and there. he was incapable of a relationship for various reasons (distance - i'm in school 2 hrs away, being numero uno). and long story short. it ended. I deleted him, both literally and and figuratively. sparking the much-needed talk. that resulted in us both deciding it was going nowhere fast. and here I am less than a week later.
emotionally cutting in my subconscious.
ugh.

trust me, I've accepted this failed "relationship." I don't think that's the problem.  what I do know is. I have a tendency to dwell. dwell on things that slay me.
imagine. it's like holding a hot curling iron in your hands. and refusing to let go.
yeah, that's me. a masochist, terrorizing my emotional state.
so, while I have no interest in him anymore. it doesn't mean that I'm immune to the pain that comes with putting yourself out there and getting your feelings hurt. 
I try not to think of him. it's easier to move on that way. but of course my wondrously good evil subconscious is at it  again. dredging up the things I hate the most.
that hurt the most. 
I guess it was speaking to unrequited feelings maybe? who knows. who cares? maybe I do, a bit. but that's besides the point.
*siggggghhhh.

I'm trying.
I'm flailing. I'm falling. I'm getting up. I'm living. I'm learning. it's a process. c'est la vie.



2 comments:

dejanae said...

chile i hate when my subconscious fucks with me

did u get "closure" when it ended?
it might be about that

yep definitely a process
a logn arduous at times fun at time crappy process

glad ur back

tris.* said...

closure?
yes and no.
yes because it was what I wanted (for it to end). and what I needed. I'd accepted the fact that there wasn't a future.
no because I have so many unanswered questions. things I've felt I was lied to about. they bug me sometimes.

but I'm working on my "I couldn't give a flying fuck less."

glad to be back. :)