Sunday, February 28, 2010

air made of bricks.

as a senior in college.
i'm supposed to have a direction. i'm supposed to have laid the beginning bricks of the foundation also known as my future.
yeah ok.
"the best plan is life without a plan" right? ha. I wish.
after all of these years.
a steady stream of internships.
an enviable gpa. 
countless major changes.
a bunch of great contacts.
i'm still at square one, on this career path thing.
some people tell me, "aww, you have time." and others give the supreme side-eye. as though to say. 
"bitch get your life in order."
in all honesty,
I have no idea what I want to do anymore. the overabundance of options has left me dazed and confused.

furthermore,
the pressure of this hoe sallie mae weighs on my conscience. what to do, when the decision is between career happiness and financial obligations?
man oh man.
I know my plight isn't unique. a number of my friends are equally dazed and confused. it's just a frustrating process when (as a senior who should've figured all this mess out by now) I constantly gets asked these life goal questions. and give the blank stare in response.

they (the MAN) made this formula appear so simple. 
high school + college ^ (awesome gpa * internships *optional extracurriculars)  = AWESOME JOB w/ benefits and a new car.
fool, please.
just pay my loans. thank you and goodnight.
i'm over this whole experience. kindly point me to the exit. kthanx. 

3 comments:

RAEthoven said...

*sigh* This is why I'm so stressed now. My mother's side of the family is so snobby about education. Now that I've done things "their" way, I'm over here like "Now what?"

100K said...

One some real shit....

College to me about more about who you know, how you network and internships. I was a slacker but once I made one particular move, everything else just fell into place.

I feel like school was a waste of time sometimes because I'da met some of the ppl i met anyway or done me regardless...

Easier said than done in theory, but I'd become best friends with the Career center and try to become more active in on campus activities if the job market down there is still whack

Good luck....and Hi RAEEEEEEEEEE

100K said...

PS: *dead* @ "The man"